|This is the article on the Turanic Raiders corvette. If you are looking for the article on the similar corvette by the Vaygr, see Missile Corvette.|
As far as corvettes went this ship was poor in almost every respect. It had poor maneuverability, a low rate of fire, and weak weaponry. The only advantage it had was its strong armor, but even in the first engagement with Kushan fleet it was outclassed by the Light Corvette, which was literally developed just before the first sortie between Kushan and Turanic forces. Its missiles had relatively low maneuverability compared to the ones utilized by allied Taiidan Missile Destroyer which made them much less effective against fast fighters.
Even so, it was actually employed well by the commander of the Attack Carrier who orchestrated the Turanic attack on the mothership at the outskirts of the Kharak System. He used his missile corvettes to focus on destroying the research ships of the Kushan fleet. If they had succeeded in their task they would have seriously hampered Kushan R&D, but even if they failed they would still act as an effective distraction for the Interceptor and Standard Corvettes. By the start of the Beast War, the Turanic Raiders had made significant improvements to the Brigand's design including increased maneuverability and, most importantly, missiles that could track their targets more efficiently, making them effective against corvettes, frigates, and, to a small degree, fighters. Unfortunately, while this made the Turanic Raiders more effective, the Beast infection was also able to use this new design to great effect.
- In the Homeworld: Cataclysm manual, it is referred to as a Brigand-class Missile Corvette.
- If one has managed to catch one or more of these corvettes in either campaign missions 2 or 4 in Homeworld, they will discover that using the repair/salvage key (Z key by default) on any enemy ships will make the Brigand fire a volley of missiles at the selected targets. It will stay in place if it is doing nothing.
- Each missile can fly very long distances. Using the Homeworld campaign mission 2 for reference, if the Brigand fired a missile where the Mothership sits, it will fly a couple kilometers past the Khar-Selim Wreck.
- In reference with the two statements above, the Brigand can essentially be used as an "artillery" unit on enemy fighters or to soften up difficult foes.
- This ability has been dropped in Cataclysm.
|Bentusi||Bentus||Bentusi Exchange||Super Acolyte||Cargo Barge|
|Turanic Raiders||Strike Craft||Interceptor||Standard Corvette||Missile Corvette|
|Capital Ships||Ion Array Frigate||Attack Carrier|
|Kadeshi||Strike Craft||Swarmer||Advanced Swarmer|
|Capital Ships||Multi-Beam Frigate||Fuel Pod||Kadeshi Mothership|
|Progenitors||Strike Craft||Mover||Progenitor Drone|
|Capital Ships||Keeper||Progenitor Dreadnaught|