8 Large Ion Cannons
1 Phased Disassembler Array
- "We have finally been able to translate the data we downloaded from the alien pod. It was launched from some kind of alien exploration vessel called the Naggarok." — Kiith Somtaaw command
The Naggarok journeyed to the Homeworld galaxy from a neighbouring galaxy, using an experimental hyperdrive of immense power. When the ship emerged from hyperspace it was carrying a strange and malevolent form of life which had not been present at the start of its journey. When the aliens onboard the vessel realised this lifeform's destructive capabilities they decided to destroy the vessels engines and communications array, thus trapping the creature inside.
The Naggarok infected by the BeastEdit
- "For a million years we have been trapped in this ship, listening to the electromagnetic chatter of your tiny self/worlds. We know you better than you know yourselves. Your enemies came to use us and instead we shall use each other" — The Beast
The Beast was trapped onboard the Naggarok. For one million years the Beast listened to the subspace communications travelling back and forth between the various civilizations. It learned to speak Galactic Common perfectly, and also became aware of the power struggles within the galaxy. So, when the Naggarok was discovered by the Taiidani Imperialists, the Beast proposed an arrangement to them: Repair the ship and help the Beast, and in exchange they would be given fully half of their galaxy to rule. The Taiidan swiftly accepted.
Kiith Somtaaw engaged these Taiidani forces when they were trying to repair the Naggarok out on the Galactic Rim. They were unsuccessful as eventually the ship managed to escape.
Later on, the Beast in the ship promised the Imperials control of the Nomad Moon. However, Kiith Somtaaw destroyed the battle station. Seeing this, the Imperials agressively attacked the Kuun-Lan, who managed to determine how the Naggarok can move so fast. Although they managed to "stun" the ship momentarily using EMP blasts, they would have been defeated had not the Bentusi arrived at the last time. Apparently, the Beast told the Taiidan that the Bentusi are dead. When the Imperialists confronted the Beast about this, it revealed it's plans: it had no intention to honor the deal whatsoever.
- "You are what all life to us: FOOD!!!" — The Beast
Hearing this, the Taiidan realized they have been taken advantage of and turned on the Naggarok, only to be defeated swiftly. The Beast then turned on the Kuun-Lan, feeding on Somtaaw ships to repair battle damage and manufacture Cruise Missiles. The Kuun-Lan retaliated with a squadron of Bentusi-designed Super Acolytes, ripping the Naggarok to shreds, causing the Beast to emit a hideous scream before succumbing to the adverse effects of ion cannons hammering its hull.
The Naggarok was vested with several advanced technologies, rarely seen in the known Galaxy.
Eight Continuous Ion Cannons were belted 360 degrees around the ship. Each of them had a range of nine kilometres, making this the long range weapon of the Naggarok and were able to dish out significant constant damage with pinpoint accuracy; they were absolutely lethal to strike craft in particular.
Much more devastating was the forward mounted Phased Disassembler Array (PDA). It was capable of deconstructing matter on a sub-atomic level, in essence converting a target ship up to and including Dreadnoughts into its deconstituent elements in a matter of seconds, which the Naggarok then harvested and used in the construction of its Cruise Missiles. The major weakness of the PDA was the requirement for the Naggarok to remain stationary while the target was being deconstructed, leaving the vessel vulnerable to attack, although firing the Ion Cannons was still possible. When the decomposition process was completed the Naggarok would launch its most invasive weapon, Cruise Missiles, which carried the Beast virus, causing any vessel infected to come under Beast control.
The Naggarok had a highly advanced reactionless drive system. This was similar to the one used by the Bentusi, in that it had no visible external thrusters; however it also involved technology unseen anywhere else. The drive allowed the Naggarok to accelerate almost as fast as a fighter class vessel, fly several times faster than any other known unit, and stop in a moment, without any g-force effects. When the drive was engaged, the ship was surrounded by a pulsing turquoise-blue field which most likely reduced its apparent mass, and thus its inertia. The pulsing varied from ship hull sections. Although fast, it can be halted by EMP effects from ACVs.
- "The Naggarok came from outside the galaxy nearly a million years ago. It was using an experimental hyperspace drive of immense power" — Kiith Somtaaw command
The Naggarok used a highly advanced Hyperdrive unit. It was capable of extragalactic jumps, putting it on par with the Progenitor hyperspace cores. However, any details of its construction or its full power capabilities are unknown.
There is a possible chance that the 3rd Hyperspace Core Makaan found may have been installed inside the Naggarok, as it had all the same Far-Jump capabilities as that of the Bentusi and the Hiigaran's. However it's unlikely since the Naggarok came from another galaxy.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The name Naggarok is most likely a reference to Ragnarök ("Fate of the Gods" or "Doom of the Gods" in Norse), the ultimate battle between the forces of good and evil, followed by the destruction of the world (both the universe and most of the gods) in Norse mythology.
- Their backstory is similar to the Flood from the Halo universe. Both are parasitic in nature and both are extra-galactic (although Homeworld: Cataclysm was released first, on June 30, 2000, while Halo: Combat Evolved was released later on November 15, 2001, and the Flood, while extra-galactic, was created by a race from the Milky Way).